What is the FoodShift program?
The FoodShift program will provide non-repayable funding for clean net-zero technology adoption ($1.5 million) to food and beverage processors to subsidize the cost of adopting and integrating new clean technologies into their operations. Successful program recipients will be selected through an open call for applications and will be awarded up to $50,000 in project-based matching funding. FoodShift program is supported by a nearly $2 million Government of Canada investment through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario).
Eligible Projects are those that support the adoption and integration of new clean technologies into the applicant’s operations to transition towards a net-zero future. This funding could be used to cover advisory, acquisition, and commissioning costs related to the new technology. The project must be conducted in collaboration with an eligible clean technology provider.
Read the official announcement here.
We’re looking for food and beverage processors in Ontario who are ready to adopt innovative clean technologies into their operations. If that’s your organization, tell us about it.
FoodShift program guide – COMING SOON!
To stay in touch about this program launch and upcoming events, please subscribe to our newsletter.
Applicant must be:
- Operating in the food and beverage processing sector;
- A for-profit private sector enterprise or not-for-profit corporation ready to adopt and integrate proven clean technologies into their operations;
- Generating a minimum of $1 million in annual revenues; and
- Incorporated in Canada and located in Ontario.
Clean technology provider must be:
- A for-profit private sector enterprise or not-for-profit corporation with a proven clean technology application that will satisfy the need of an eligible applicant;
- Technologies must be at or beyond Technology Readiness Level 8 (TRL-8+) stage of development; and
- Technologies must help food & beverage processors embrace automation in their facilities, reduce waste and energy consumption, significantly reduce their carbon footprint, and transition towards a net-zero future.
How do I apply?
Applications will be accepted beginning July 27, 2022 in a one-phase process consisting of an application package. After the first call for applications, additional submissions will be accepted on a rolling intake basis to allow time for partnerships to be established within the ecosystem. Specific timelines, including submission deadlines, will be posted and updated on the Bioenterprise website. Only successful applications will result in financing and move towards negotiating a contribution agreement.
* Bioenterprise will assist in matchmaking organizations to create an eligible project. Please note, Bioenterprise cannot guarantee a successful match. Only projects with an eligible applicant and an eligible clean technology provider will be able to submit a complete application and be considered for funding.
Program guide: COMING SOON!
Application templates: COMING SOON!
Sign-up to learn more!
Virtual Information Session:
August 10, 2022 – Registration coming soon!
Applicant and Clean Technology Provider Matchmaking Event:
August 24, 2022 – Registration coming soon!