Location: Bioenterprise Canada Head Office (Guelph, ON)
Reports to: Director, Canada’s Food & Agri-Tech Engine 519-821-2960 ext. 205
Level/Grade: Entry level
Type of Position: Full-time, 1-year contract
Hours: 37.5 hours/wk
Bioenterprise Canada is looking for a skilled Membership Associate to join our Membership team. This team is responsible for the delivery of membership services to scaling agri-food technology companies that are Members of Canada’s Food & Agri-Tech Engine.
Reporting to the Director, Canada’s Food & Agri-Tech Engine, this unique and exciting position will get the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology start-ups and will work closely with Innovation Advisors, who are leading experts in Canada’s Food and Agriculture Industry. This position requires a self-starter who works well independently and as an active team member in a collaborative work environment.
The Membership Associate will support the Membership team on activities related to Member and Partner network development and relationship management. This individual will be responsible for various tasks including collecting sector and company specific information on business opportunities, markets, regulations, intellectual property, costs, and competition. This individual will also be required to perform daily administrative tasks to track member activity and maintain internal databases.
Bioenterprise offers a flexible work environment. This role is a temporary, 1-year contract with possibility to extend and will include a mix of in-office and remote workdays.
- Support the Membership team and Innovation Advisors with membership services, including coordinating internal resources, setting up calls and following up on next steps.
- Capture, process and organize data and tasks to ensure effective management of information with the membership services team.
- Assist in the development of Member action plans and track/measure progress of key project milestones.
- Support database and project management software maintenance initiatives through timely and regular data input and reporting.
- Meet with members, alongside the Membership team and/or Innovation Advisors, taking detailed notes and performing follow-up tasks as required.
- Communicating openly with colleagues on a regular basis to develop positive member and stakeholder relations over the long-term.
- Execute other responsibilities or tasks not yet defined but fitting to the role and its evolution.
Candidate Skills & Strengths
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various audiences.
- Willingness to take on new challenges independently and in a team environment.
- Dynamic and adaptable professional who is ambitious, curious, and eager to learn.
- Detail-oriented with proven time management and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Critical judgement, decision making and problem-solving skills – utilizes resources and tools to make decisions and solve problems effectively.
- Analytical thinking – can research, interpret, and summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Post-Secondary degree in biological sciences, food sciences, nutrition, or related field.
- Professional or volunteer experience in Canada’s agri-food, food and beverage industry considered an asset.
- Project management and/or coordinating experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (French is an asset).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Monday.com (an asset).
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge or experience with technology innovation or entrepreneurship is an asset.
Applications must be accompanied by the following
- Cover Letter
Please send your application by email to: HR@bioenterprise.ca
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.