Bioenterprise Maritimes seeks an Analyst, Aquaculture
The Analyst, Aquaculture is responsible for various tasks to support business development, customer/client engagement, and related activities in order to assist Bioenterprise Corporation’s mandate to accelerate commercialization efforts of Canada’s innovative agri-technology enterprises.
This position is located at our Nova Scotia office in Dartmouth
Activities and Responsibilities
- Apply technical and industrial knowledge of biological or related sciences to aquaculture-based problems concerned with farming of fish, shellfish or aquatic plants in either fresh or salt water environments
- Assess the application of sensing, measuring, and recording devices and instrumentation to study such problems as effects of temperature, humidity, and vaccinations or pesticides on plants or animals, or relative effectiveness of different methods of applying feed and/or nutritional supplement products.
- Examine client operations and processes to determine appropriate methodology to cost those activities and the methods to maximize those incentives.
- Assess R&D expenditures, time and activities involved within client projects
- Assess go-to-market strategies, product development plans, regulatory considerations, and process innovation of agricultural products.
- Follow trends and sector-/industry-specific news
- Support Analyst Team efforts in the assessment of business plans for clients and other strategic documents as required, including market/industry/financial analysis.
- Active participation in all discussions that may arise with the Analyst Team
- Participate in business development activities to enhance Bioenterprise’s presence, exposure and engagement in Nova Scotia and across Canada through development of MOUs, strategic network, and client base.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships, including clients, strategic partners, government, etc.
- Resource scoping, development, and maintenance for internal and/or external use (E.g. co-packer database, AgRegKit)
- Adhere to government stakeholder reporting requirements.
- Execute other responsibilities or tasks not yet defined but germane to the role and its evolution
Work/Technical Experience Requirements
- Experience with aquaculture technologies or related science-based industry.
- Experience with client activity and cross-sectoral stakeholder engagement.
- Experience with business analysis and/or project management.
- Experience and/or exposure in the agriculture/agri-food sector are asset.
Education Requirements, Skills and Attributes
- Graduate degree in Agricultural, Biological, Ecological, Environmental, or related Science plus relevant experience
- Education/experience in business is an asset
- Software and Microsoft Office proficiency, strong communication skills, and ability to multitask at a high level
To apply, please send your resume in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.