Bioenterprise British Columbia is Seeking an Analyst
The Analyst is responsible for various tasks to support business development and customer/client engagement and related activities in order to assist Bioenterprise Corporation’s mandate to accelerate commercialization efforts for Canada’s innovative agri-technology enterprises.
This position is located at our British Columbia office in Vancouver
Activities and Responsibilities
- Apply technical and industrial knowledge of biological or related sciences to agriculture/agri-food problems concerned with power and machinery, electrification, structures, soil and water conservation, and processing of agricultural products.
- Follow trends and sector-/industry-specific news sources
- Assess the application of sensing, measuring, and recording devices and instrumentation to study such problems as effects of temperature, humidity, and light, on plants or animals, or relative effectiveness of different methods of applying crop protection and soil supplement products.
- Examine client operations and processes to determine appropriate methodology to cost those activities and the methods to maximize those incentives.
- Assess of R&D expenditures, time and activities involved within all of the projects
- Assess go-to-market strategies, product development plans, regulatory considerations, and process innovation of agricultural products.
- Support Analyst Team efforts in the assessment of business plans for clients and other strategic documents as required, including market/industry/financial analysis.
- Active participation in all discussions that may arise with the Analyst Team
- Participate in business development activities to enhance Bioenterprise’s presence, exposure and engagement in British Columbia and across Canada through development of MOUs, strategic network, and client base.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships, including clients, strategic partners, government, etc.
- Resource scoping, development, and maintenance for internal and/or external use (E.g. co-packer database, AgRegKit)
- Adhere to government stakeholder reporting requirements.
- Execute other responsibilities or tasks not yet defined but germane to the role and its evolution
Work/Technical Experience Requirements
- 2 - 3 years relevant work experience in the agriculture industry
- Experience with agricultural technologies or related science-based industry.
- Experience with client activity and cross-sectoral stakeholder engagement.
- Experience with business analysis and/or project management.
- Experience and/or exposure in the agriculture/agri-food sector are asset.
Education Requirements and Skills and Attributes
- Graduate degree in Agricultural, Horticultural, Biological Sciences or related Science plus relevant experience
- Education/experience in business is an asset
- Software and Microsoft Office proficiency, strong communication skills, and ability to multitask at a high level
To apply, please send your resume in WORD format to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.